What We Do
When was the last time you paid a bill by sending somebody a paper check? […pause…] That’s what we thought. You can’t remember when, because you deal with it on a credit card and have auto debit set up. Now, if you’re a small business (think bike shop, book store, physical therapist, flower stand, pet store, … ) owner, inventory-buyer, accountant, etc, your answer probably would have been very different: Yesterday. Tomorrow. Every day.
B2B commerce is rapidly catching up with consumer commerce — it’s moving online — but the payments infrastructure for net10, net30, net60, net90 (the backbone of inventory buying businesses) doesn’t exist otherwise. Rumbleship is that backbone. Series Seed funded, turning real dollars since launch in 2016.
What We Believe
We believe that B2B tools should be as clean, clear, and usable as consumer tools, and we believe that the best way to build this is to have a team from all walks of life. Your experience with the buying is different from anybody else’s experience with buying, and it is critical to have a diversity of opinions to build the best tooling there is. Come build the last interesting thing in ecommerce.
Have you ever used an API which gave you joy or interacted with a software architecture which approached beauty — and wanted to emulate it in your professional pursuits? Rumbleship, we’re actively hiring engineers who wish to impart elegance while bringing B2B payment infrastructure into the 21st century.
You’ll lead by example to help expand our culture of observability, friendliness, and support. You’ll work with ops-focused engineers to ensure that internal information remains internal; and with front-end-focused colleagues to make sure they get the data they (and our customers) need.
Rumbleship employs engineers of all level of experience who are motivated to impact major change by using the best tools to creatively solve long-established problems. We value the collaborative process, and actively build a culture of cross-pollination to inform robust decision-making. We believe that code is for people before it is for machines, and to that end: we do not believe in white board interviews.
- 5+ years of professional experience building performant, scalable web services
- 2-3 years of professional experience building performant, scalable web services
- Firsthand knowledge of TypeScript and GraphQL
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, especially Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with observability systems
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
As a Senior Infrastructure engineer, you will be keeping our systems humming along, develop tooling to empower our team and contribute to optimal operation of the infrastructure, further automate our CI/CD systems and remove > productivity obstacles.
Rumbleship is looking for people with a strong background in infrastructure automation and developer tooling, comfortable with microservice-based architectures comprised of lots of moving parts. Attention to detail is a must as well as high capacity for applying concepts such as observability, anomaly detection and no-downtime deployments in a holistic fashion, from conception to operation. Ideally, you will have worked in both software engineering and infrastructure engineering positions > and feel comfortable doing either.
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure that runs all of Rumbleship’s services. Rumbleship is operating on Google Cloud-based infrastructure (AppEngine, CloudSQL and Storage, Task Queues among other components) but any cloud vendor expertise is desirable.
- Create libraries and abstractions for Rumbleship engineers, contributing back to the open source community. Our languages of choice are mainly Typescript (and Node 10) and Python, along with some PHP.
- Be ahead of Rumbleship’s infrastructure scalability needs.
- Fully automate hot deployment paths, CI/CD processes and end to end integration testing. Advanced CircleCI knowledge is a big plus.
- Own infrastructure-pertinent internal products, prioritizing system design, scalability, observability and fault tolerance.
- Uphold high engineering standards by bringing consistency to codebases, infrastructure, and processes you encounter.
You’ll love it here if
- You appreciate the challenges of the payments industry and thrive in the high-criticality and narrow operational wiggle-room that the industry imposes.
- Take pride in completing projects successfully, while attending to all parts of its lifecycle (readability, maintainability, testability, deployability, observability).
- You care about systems design and building software consistently without cutting corners, from day 1.
- You hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds
The Rumbleship Team
Director of Sales Operations
Contact Us to Learn More
The Rumbleship team is ready to get you started. Contact us today!